The art of painting portraits, landscapes, animals, draperies, satins, &c. in oil colours : practically explained by coloured palettes : with an appendix on cleaning and restoring ancient paintings on panel or canvas / by John Cawse.
- Additional Title(s):
Cawse on oil painting.
- London : Rudolph Ackermann, 1840.
- Physical Description:
- 47 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 26 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsND1500 C37 1840 Copy 1Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.Rare Books and ManuscriptsND1500 C37 1840 Copy 2Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- BAC: British Art Center has two copies. Copy 1 is the Abbey copy. Copy 2 inscribed: Geo. Young, Paris, 1858.
Abbey, J.R. Life 106
BAC: Bound in blind- and gold- stamped green publisher's cloth.
Printed by Whitehead and Co., Printers, 76, Fleet Street, London.
Half t.p.: Cawse on oil painting.
- Subject Terms:
- Ackermann, Rudolph, 1779?-1862 -- Publisher.Color.Lithography, Color -- Specimens -- 1840.Painting -- Technique.Whitehead and Co. -- Printer.Young, Geo. -- Inscription, Paris, 1858.
YCBA Collections Search
Cawse, John, 1779-1862, The art of painting portraits, landscapes, animals, draperies, satins, &c. in oil colours , 1840
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.