The Tom & Jerry flash dictionary.
- Additional Title(s):
Tom and Jerry flash dictionary.
- London : Printed for the publisher, 1825.
- Physical Description:
- 69,  p.,  leaf of plates : ill. ; 13 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPE3721 .T66 1825Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- "One misfortune to which the public are liable is that thieves have a language of their own ... One object in publishing this flash dictionary was to expose the cant terms of their language in order to the more easy detection of their crimes."--Advertisement, p. .
Frontispiece signed: D.C. Johnston del et sc.
"John G. Scobie, Printer"--Colophon.
Engraved vignette on t.p.
BAC: British Art Center copy in original blue wrappers.
- Subject Terms:
- English language -- Slang -- Dictionaries.Great Britain -- Social life and customs -- 19th century.Satire, EnglishScobie, John G. -- Printer.
- Dictionaries -- England -- London -- 1825.
Etchings -- 1825.
Wood engravings -- 1825.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.