Eight views of Reading Abbey / drawn and engraved by C. Tomkins.
- London : Printed for the author, No. 35, John Street, Fitzroy Chapel; and sold by R. Blamire, London; and Messrs. Smart and Cowslade, Reading, 1791.
- Physical Description:
- , 17,  p.,  leaves of plates : ill., plan ; 30 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA690.R28 T66 1791+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- English short title catalogue, T133912
Includes: 'A description of Reading Abbey, taken from Sir Henry Englefield's letter to the Antiquarian Society' and a 'List of abbats'.
With a list of subscribers.
Includes bibliographical references.
Abbey, J.R. Scenery of Great Britain and Ireland in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 290
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. In original green paper wrappers. The inset slip at the beginning announces the possibility of a 'second number', if sufficient support is forthcoming, and mentions the incomplete nature of the 'List of Subscribers'. This List is not present in the Abbey copy.
- Subject Terms:
- Engraving, Colored -- Specimens -- 1791.Etching -- Specimens -- 1791.Reading Abbey (Reading, England) -- Pictorial works.Tomkins, Charles -- Publisher.
- Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1791.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.