Hay, D. R. (David Ramsay), 1798-1866, An attempt to define aesthetical taste , 1844
- An attempt to define aesthetical taste / by D.R. Hay ; originally published in the fifth edition of the "Laws of harmonious colouring."
- Edinburgh [Scotland] : Edinburgh Printing Company, 1844.
- Physical Description:
- 35,  leaves, 10 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN7425 H38 1844Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- BAC: British Art Center copy bound in blind- stamped brown publisher's cloth. Presentation copy gold- stamped on front cover.
BAC: Publisher's advertisement: 10 p. at end.
Illustrations by George Aikman; after D.R. Hay.
- Subject Terms:
- Aesthetics.Art -- Philosophy.Edinburgh Printing Company -- Publisher.Lithography -- Specimens -- 1844.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.