A practical treatise on rail-roads and carriages : shewing the principles of estimating their strength, proportions, expense, and annual produce, and the conditions which render them effective, economical, and durable; with the theory, effect, and expense of steam carriages, stationary engines, and gas machines. Illustrated by four engravings and numerous useful tables / by Thomas Tredgold, Civil engineer, member of the Institution of Civil Engineers, &c.
- London : Printed for Josiah Taylor, Architectural Library, 59 High Holborn, MDCCCXXV 
- Physical Description:
- xi, , 184 p., IV leaves of plates (one folded) : ill. ; 22 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsTF144 .T77 1825Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Engravings by J. Dadley; after Thomas Tredgold.
BAC: British Art Center copy in original boards, as issued. Has ms. notes on front endpapers.
- Subject Terms:
- Carriage and wagon making -- Great Britain.Carriages and carts -- Great Britain.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1825.Railroads -- Early works to 1850.Transportation -- Great Britain -- 19th century.Vehicles -- Great Britain.
YCBA Collections Search
Tredgold, Thomas, 1788-1829, A practical treatise on rail-roads and carriages
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.