Trees and their uses, [1850?]
- Trees and their uses.
- London : Dean and Son, Lith., Threadneedle St., [1850?].
- Physical Description:
-  pt.. : chiefly ill. ; 21 cm. x 30 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNC810 .T74 1850+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Four uncolored leaves in each part. 5 illustrations on each leaf. Each leaf contains an illustration of a different type of tree and 4 illustrations of objects that are made from that particular type of wood.
Cover title. Price: "4 nos. 8d. each". Only No. 3 appears on one of the parts. Other 3 parts are not numbered.
BAC: Bound in original brown printed wrappers. Wrapper for each part reproduces a different one of the original plates.
Dean and Son were working at this address from 1847-1854. Cf. Brown.
Brown, Philip A. H. London publishers and printers. London : British Library, 1882, p. 55
- Subject Terms:
- Botanical illustration.Dean and Son -- Publisher.Drawing books -- Specimens.Landscape drawing.Lithography -- Specimens -- [1850?].Trees in art.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.