A collection of papers relating to the Thames Quay : with hints for some further improvements in the metropolis / by Colonel Trench, M.P. ; with seventeen explanatory plates.
- Additional Title(s):
Thames Quay, &c. &c. &c.
- London : Printed for Carpenter and Son, Old Bond Street, 1827.
- Physical Description:
- , iv, iv, 176 p., 17 leaves of plates (3 folded) : ill., plans ; 30 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsTC264.L8 T74 1827+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Half title: Thames Quay, &c. &c. &c.
Engravings by George & John Cary, Thomas Kearnan, Robert Cabbell Roffe, John Roffe, Henry Adlard, John Henry Le Keux. George Gladwin, Thomas Dighton; after Philip and Benjamin Wyatt.
Printed by A.J. Valpy, Red Lion Court, Fleet Street.
Two plates have moveable flaps. 4 plates are double paged.
BAC: British Art Center copy is a large paper copy with the author's autograph presentation to William Leake on the title page. Most engravings on India-paper proof. Bound in green gilt-stamped morocco, with gilt edges. Armorial bookplate: William Leake. Binder's label: Bound by Carpenter & Co. 14 Old Bond Street.
- Subject Terms:
- Bridges -- England -- Thames River.Carpenter & Co. -- Binder.Carpenter and Son -- Publisher.City planning -- England -- London.Docks -- England -- London.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1827.Engraving, Colored -- Specimens -- 1827.Leake, William -- Bookplate.Leake, William -- Pres. insc. from F.W. Trench.Lithography -- Specimens -- 1827.London (England) -- Buildings, structures, etc.Trench, F.W. -- Pres. insc. to William Leake.Valpy, A.J. -- Printer.Wharves -- England -- London.
- Armorial bookplates (Provenance)
- Introductory remarks on the proposed Thames Quay
- Papers relating to the Thames Quay and improvements on the river
- Hints for some further improvements in the metropolis
- Royal Palace
- Extract from "Gwynn's London and Westminster Improved".