Triumphs and conquests of the English in China.
- [England] : [Publisher not identified], 
- Physical Description:
- 1 print on 3 joined sheets : hand-colored lithograph ; sheets end-to-end 13 x 184 cm, accordion folded to 13 x 8 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDS757.7 .T75 1842Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Title from publisher's original printed label on front cover.
Abbey, J.R. Life, 514
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Bound in publisher's original green paper covered boards with printed title label on front cover.
- Subject Terms:
- China -- Foreign relations -- Great Britain.China -- History -- Opium War, 1840-1842 -- Pictorial works.Great Britain -- Foreign relations -- China.
- Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 1842.
Panoramas -- China.
Accordion fold format (Binding)
- Departure of the English fleet from Hong-Kong under the command of Admiral Sir W. Parker
- Attack and taking of the Fort and Island of Amoy
- Departure from Amoy
- Taking of Hingpo, of Chin-Haë, of Juyao, of Chuson
- Attack and taking of the town and Fort of Tsekee
- Battle of Tsekee and of Chin-Haë
- Victory of he English Army
- Taking of the town of Chapoo
- Triumphal entry of the English in that town.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.