Trusler, John, 1735-1820, The works of William Hogarth in a series of one hundred and fifty steel engravings by the first artists , 
- The works of William Hogarth in a series of one hundred and fifty steel engravings by the first artists : with descriptions and a comment on their moral tendency : in two volumes / by the Rev. John Trusler ; to which are added anecdotes of the author and his works by J. Hogarth and J. Nichols. Vol. I[-II]
- Alternate Title(s):
- Hogarth's works
- London : E. T. Brain & Co., 88 Fleet Street; 
and at New-York, 
- Physical Description:
- 2 v. : ill. ; 28 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsND497.H7 A4 1833B+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Date of publication from British Library.
Spine title: Hogarth's works.
Added engraved t.p.
Each illustration accompanied by tissue guard.
Illustrations by John Moore, Timothy Stansfield Engleheart, Cosmo Armstrong, William Henry Worthington, Henry Adlard, Thomas Phillibrown, William Radclyffe, H. Fernell, George Presbury, A. Wright, F. F. Walker, Samuel Davenport, James Stubbs, Ebenezer Stalker, James Mollison, T. W. Shaw, Benjamin Holl, Edward Smith, E. Jordan, Andrew Duncan, F. F. Walker, William Chevalier, E. Chavane, John Romney, Charles Motram, T. E. Nicholson, R. Page, J. Garner and J.oseph Mansell; after W. Hogarth.
BM (compact edition), v. 25, 897
BAC: Bound in gold- and blind-stamped maroon morocco.
BAC: British Art Center has another  edition. Printed in London and New York by the London Printing and Pub. Company. 2 v. in 1.
- Subject Terms:
- E. T. Brain & Co. -- Publisher.Steel engraving -- Specimens -- 
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.