Twining, Henry, On the elements of picturesque scenery , 1846
- On the elements of picturesque scenery : considered with reference to landscape painting / by Henry Twining.
- Alternate Title(s):
- Elements of the picturesque.
- London : Printed for private distribution, by George Barclay, Castle Street, Leicester Square, 1846.
- Physical Description:
- xii, 375 p.,  leaves of plates (some folded) : ill. ; 27 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsND1340 T9 1846Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- BAC: Bound in blind- stamped brown publisher's binding.
BAC: Spine title: Elements of the picturesque.
Illustrations by Day & Haghe, G. Barnard, W.L. Walton, Hullmandel & Walton; after H[enry] T[wining].
- Subject Terms:
- Barclay, George -- Printer.Barclay, George -- Printer.Day & Haghe -- Printer.Grinke, Paul -- Bookplate.Hullmandel & Walton -- Printer.James, Miss -- Inscribed with the author's compliments, Edin., May 6, 1846.Landscape painting -- Technique.McLean, Ruari -- Bookplate.Twining, Henry -- Inscribed to Miss James, with his compliments, Edin., May 6, 1846.
- Lithographs -- 1846.
Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 1846.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.