Tytler, George, 1798-1859, A panoramic view of Edinburgh from the Carlton Hill, 1822
- A panoramic view of Edinburgh from the Carlton Hill [graphic] / drawn on stone by G. Tytler, (46 Essex St., Strand) from an original drawing taken on the spot, August 1822.
- Alternate Title(s):
- Panoramic view of Edinburgh from the Calton Hill
Description of the panoramic view of the city of Edinburgh, and surrounding scenery, as seen from the top of the Calton Hill
- London : Printed and published (as the Act directs), by D. Ross and Co. lithographic printers, 80, Lombard Street, London, 1822.
- Physical Description:
- 1 print on 3 joined sheets : hand-colored lithograph ; sheets end-to-end 25 x 213 cm, rolled to 25 x 6 cm (scroll format) and 23,  pages ; illustrations ; 17 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2016 16Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Title from foot of panorama.
Accompanied by: Description of the panoramic view of the city of Edinburgh, and surrounding scenery, as seen from the top of the Calton Hill. London : Printed and published by D. Ross & Co, 80, Lombard-Street; and sold by Morrison & Watt, 127, Fenchurch Street, and all other booksellers, 1822 (23,  pages).
Abbey, J.R. Life, 486
Hyde, R. Gilded scenes and shining prospects, 94
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy enclosed in contemporary (original?) linen-covered tube, with printed paper label: Panorama of Edinburgh from the Calton Hill. Accompanied by the letterpress Description.
- Subject Terms:
- D. Ross and Co. -- Publisher.Edinburgh (Scotland) -- Buildings, structures, etc.Edinburgh (Scotland) -- Description and travel.Edinburgh (Scotland) -- Guidebooks.Edinburgh (Scotland) -- Pictorial works.
- Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 1822.
Panoramas -- Scotland -- Edinburgh.
Scrolls -- England -- 19th century.
Views -- Scotland -- Edinburgh.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.