Upham, John William, 1772-1828, Views in and near Weymouth , 
- Views in and near Weymouth / drawn and published by J.W. Upham.
- [Weymouth] : Published by J.W. Upham, Weymouth, .
- Physical Description:
- 3 pt. : all ill. ; 23 x 29 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA690.W49 U64 1825+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Aquatint engravings by J. Bluck; after John William Upham.
Date of publication from Abbey.
"Delivered in three numbers, price 8s. each plain 12. coloured.---Or any of the views may be selected at 1s. 6d. each plain, 2s. 6d. coloured."--Cover.
Abbey, J.R. Scenery, 340
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Bound in printed green wrappers. Autograph: Elizth. Flinders.
- Weymouth and Portland, from Ridgway Hill -- Looking down the Harbour -- The Bridge -- The Town-Hall, Weymouth -- Guild-Hall, Melcombe Regis -- Sandsfoot Castle -- Belfield -- Broadway Church -- Durdle Door Rock -- Radipole Church -- Osmington Fall -- Wyke Church -- Portland, from the Lookout -- Pennsylvania Castle -- Ruins of the Old Church and Bow-and Arrow Castle, Portland -- Portland Castle -- Upway Church -- Lulworth Castle.
- Subject Terms:
- Castles -- England -- Weymouth (Dorset)Church architecture -- England -- Weymouth (Dorset)Flinders, Elizabeth -- Autograph.Landscape -- England -- Weymouth (Dorset)Portland (England) -- Pictorial works.Upham, J.W. -- Publisher.Weymouth (Dorset, England) -- Pictorial works.
- Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1825.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.