Grant, C. J. (Charles Jameson), active 1830-1852, The Victoria gallery of men & their follies , 1838
The Victoria gallery of men & their follies : a royal pictorial satire.
- London : Pubd. by T. McLean, 26 Haymarket, 1838.
[London] : C. Lingham, printer, 
- Physical Description:
- 24 pictures on 5 joined sheets : hand-colored engraving ; sheets end-to-end 15 x 225 cm, accordion folded to 15 x 10 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNC1475 .G73 1838Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Engravings by C.J. Grant.
At head of cover: "No. 12 of McLean's comic library."
Engraved vignette on title page.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's original printed boards.
A series of 23 illustrations of the follies of various types of men; on a continous, accordion-folded strip. The first panel bears the engraved title page.
- Subject Terms:
- Caricatures and cartoons -- Great Britain.Conduct of life -- Humor -- Great Britain.English wit and humor, Pictorial.Great Britain -- Social life and customs -- Humor.Men -- Humor.Satire, English.
- Engravings -- Hand-colored -- 1838.
Accordion fold format (Binding)
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.