Views of Blaise Hamlet, Henbury Church, etc, [1840?]
- Views of Blaise Hamlet, Henbury Church, etc.
- Bristol : Published by Thomas Henry Weston, 37, Corn Street, [1840?]
- Physical Description:
-  leaves of plates : chiefly ill. ; 28 x 38 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA690.B63 V54 1840+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Depicts cottages designed by John Nash.
Lithographs by George Hawkins, W.L. Walton, and Samuel Straker; after Robert Tucker and M. Holmes. Plates printed by Day & Haghe.
Date of publication from Abbey.
Abbey, J.R. Scenery, 146
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Bound in publisher's original printed gray wrappers.
-  views on one leaf. Vine Cottage. Sweet Briar Cottage. Circular Cottage. Dial Cottage. Rose Cottage. Double Cottage. Jessamine Cottage. Diamond Cottage. Oak Cottage -- Blaise Hamlet -- Henbury Church -- Portishead Point -- The Avon & Severn from Pen Pole Point.
- Subject Terms:
- Architecture, Domestic -- England -- Pictorial works.Avon, River (Gloucestershire-Bristol, England) -- Pictorial works.Blaise Hamlet (England) -- Pictorial works.Cottages -- England -- Pictorial works.Day and Haghe -- PrinterHenbury Church -- Pictorial works.Nash, John, 1752-1835.Severn River Estuary (England and Wales) -- Pictorial works.Vernacular architecture -- England.Weston, Thomas Henry -- Publisher
- Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 1840.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.