The architecture of Marcus Vitruvius Pollio : in ten books / translated from the Latin by Joseph Gwilt, Fellow of the Society of Antiquaries of London.
- Additional Title(s):
De architectura. English
- London : Priestley and Weale, MDCCCXXVI 
- Physical Description:
- xl, 413 p., 10 leaves of plates : ill., plans ; 38 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNA2515 .V57213 1826+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Unsigned engraved illustrations appear as head pieces at the beginning of each book.
Translation into English from the original latin of: De architectura.
"Life of Vitruvius": p. [xvii]-xix.
"List of the several editions and versions of Vitruvius": p. [xxi]-xxxi.
List of subscribers: p. ix-xiv.
Printed by G. Woodfall, Angel Court, Skinner Street, London.
Illustrations by James Carter, John Roffe, Joseph Wilson Lowry, W. Woolnoth and W. H. Kelsall; after Joseph Gwilt.
British Museum. General catalogue of printed books to 1955 (compact edition), v. 26, 820
Harris, E. British architectural books and writers, 1556-1786. Cambridge, 1990, p. 465
British Architectural Library. Early printed books, 1478-1840 3508
- Subject Terms:
- Architecture -- Early works to 1800.Architecture, Classical.Beaumont, Richard Blackett -- Bookplate.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1826.Priestly and Weale -- Publisher.Woodfall, G. -- Printer.
YCBA Collections Search
Vitruvius Pollio, The architecture of Marcus Vitruvius Pollio , MDCCCXXVI 
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.