Gavarni in London : sketches of life and character : with illustrative essays by popular writers / edited by Albert Smith.
- London : David Bogue, 1849.
- Physical Description:
- 115 p. : ill. ; 28 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA688 G38 1849+ Copy 1 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA688 G38 1849+ Copy 2 OversizeView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- BAC: British Art Center has two copies. Copy 1 in original wrappers, issued in parts. Copy 2 is bound in blind- and gold-stamped blue publisher's cloth.
Printed by Vizetelly Brothers and Co., printers and engravers, Peterborough Court, 135, Fleet Street.
Illustrations by Henry Vizetelly; after Paul Gavarni.
For description of printing technique see McLean.
McLean, Ruari. Victorian book design and color printing p. 174
- Subject Terms:
- Bogue, David -- Publisher.Gavarni, Paul, 1804-1866.London (England) -- Social life and customs.Vizetelly Brothers and Co. -- Printer.
- Wood engravings, Chiaroscuro -- 1849.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.