Walker, George, active 1792-1815, Twenty four picturesque views in the Isle of Thanet , 
- Twenty four picturesque views in the Isle of Thanet : respectfully dedicated to John Powell Roberts Esqr. of Kingsgate / by George Walker.
- [Ramsgate] : Pubd. June 1, 1812, by the proprietor & to be had at Mr. Burgess's Library, Ramsgate, 
- Physical Description:
-  leaves : all ill. ; 25 x 32 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA690.T43 W35 1812+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Title page is engraved. Signed: Girtin script. 388 Oxford Street.
BAC: British Art Center copy in plain blue wrappers.
- Contents: Kingsgate -- Manston Cave -- Thorn farm near Minster -- Ramsgate Pier from Albion Place -- Chilton Lane, near Pegwell Bay -- Holican Dale, near Ramsgate -- St. Nicholas -- St. Peters -- Fair Ness near Kingsgate -- Minster -- Stonar, taken from Richborough Castle -- Southwood near St. Lawrence -- An ancient farm house at Sole Street -- Joss Stairs, Kingsgate -- Fishermen securing their boats against the rising-tide at Joss Stairs -- Stone House near Broadstairs -- Minster from the Marshes -- An ancient farm house at Cliffs End -- Manston Green -- Ancient Chantry at St. Lawrence -- Upton near ST. Peter's --Pegwell Bay -- Kingsgate from the sands -- Birchington.
- Subject Terms:
- P. Burgess Library -- Publisher.Thanet (England) -- Pictorial works.
- Aquatints -- England -- 1812.
Aquatints -- 1812.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.