IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Walker, George, active 1792-1815, Twenty four picturesque views in the Isle of Thanet , 
Twenty four picturesque views in the Isle of Thanet : respectfully dedicated to John Powell Roberts Esqr. of Kingsgate / by George Walker.
- [Ramsgate] : Pubd. June 1, 1812, by the proprietor & to be had at Mr. Burgess's Library, Ramsgate, 
- Physical Description:
-  leaves : all ill. ; 25 x 32 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA690.T43 W35 1812+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- Title page is engraved. Signed: Girtin script. 388 Oxford Street.
BAC: British Art Center copy in plain blue wrappers.
- Subject Terms:
- P. Burgess Library -- Publisher.Thanet (England) -- Pictorial works.
- Aquatints -- England -- 1812.
Aquatints -- 1812.
- Contents: Kingsgate
- Manston Cave
- Thorn farm near Minster
- Ramsgate Pier from Albion Place
- Chilton Lane, near Pegwell Bay
- Holican Dale, near Ramsgate
- St. Nicholas
- St. Peters
- Fair Ness near Kingsgate
- Stonar, taken from Richborough Castle
- Southwood near St. Lawrence
- An ancient farm house at Sole Street
- Joss Stairs, Kingsgate
- Fishermen securing their boats against the rising-tide at Joss Stairs
- Stone House near Broadstairs
- Minster from the Marshes
- An ancient farm house at Cliffs End
- Manston Green
- Ancient Chantry at St. Lawrence
- Upton near ST. Peter's --Pegwell Bay
- Kingsgate from the sands
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.