The Isle of Wight circumnavigator : from actual views taken on the spot.
- London : Published by E. Wallis, 42 Skinner Street, [ca. 1820]
- Physical Description:
- 19 pictures on 4 joined sheets : hand-colored aquatints ; sheets end-to-end 11 x 297 cm, accordion folded to 11 x 16 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA670.W6 I85 1820Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Title and imprint from front cover.
Abbey, J.R. Life in England in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 476
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Bound in publisher's original pictorial boards. Original tie partially intact
- Subject Terms:
- Isle of Wight (England) -- Pictorial works.
- Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1820.
Panoramas -- England -- Isle of Wight.
Accordion fold format (Binding)
- Fishbourne Creek
- West Cowes
- Alum Bay
- The Needles & Freshwater Light House
- Freshwater Bay
- Blackgang Chine
- Orchard Bay
- St. Lawrence
- Hambrough Castle, Steephill
- Shanklin Chine
- Culver Cliffs
- Brading Harbour
- Sea View
- St. Clare
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.