The Isle of Wight circumnavigator , [ca. 1820]
- The Isle of Wight circumnavigator : from actual views taken on the spot.
- London : Published by E. Wallis, 42 Skinner Street, [ca. 1820]
- Physical Description:
- 19 pictures on 4 joined sheets : hand-colored aquatints ; sheets end-to-end 11 x 297 cm, accordion folded to 11 x 16 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA670.W6 I85 1820Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Title and imprint from front cover.
Abbey, J.R. Life, 476
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Bound in publisher's original pictorial boards. Original tie partially intact
- Ryde -- Fishbourne Creek -- West Cowes -- Yarmouth -- Alum Bay -- The Needles & Freshwater Light House -- Freshwater Bay -- Blackgang Chine -- Orchard Bay -- St. Lawrence -- Hambrough Castle, Steephill -- Ventnor -- Bonchurch -- Shanklin Chine -- Culver Cliffs -- Brading Harbour -- Sea View -- St. Clare -- Portsmouth.
- Subject Terms:
- Isle of Wight (England) -- Pictorial works.
- Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1820.
Panoramas -- England -- Isle of Wight.
Accordion fold format (Binding)
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.