IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Walpole, Horace, 1717-1797, A description of the villa of Mr. Horace Walpole, , 1784
A description of the villa of Mr. Horace Walpole, : youngest son of Sir Robert Walpole Earl of Orford, at Strawberry-Hill near Twickenham, Middlesex. : with an inventory of the furniture, pictures, curiosities, &c.
- Strawberry-Hill [London] : Printed by Thomas Kirgate, 1784.
- Physical Description:
- , [iv], 96 p.,  leaves of plates (some fold.) : ill. ; 32 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA483 W2 D47 1784+ Copy 1 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA483 W2 D47 1784+ Copy 2 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- BAC: British Art Center has two copies. Copy 1 is the large paper edition, in original boards, as issued, with the autograph of Miss Cholmeley and the bookplate of Charles Singleton. Copy 2 has the bookplate of Richard Blackett Beaumont.
Head- and tail-pieces.
Illustrations by J. Godfrey, J. Newton, and Thomas Morris; after William Marlow, Edward Edwards, and William Pars.
English short title catalogue, T064913
Hazen, A.T. Walpole 24
Hazen, A.T. Bibliography of the Strawberry Hill Press 30
- Subject Terms:
- Beaumont, Richard Blackett, b.1926 -- Bookplate. (copy 2)Cholmeley, Miss -- Autograph. (copy 1)Engraving -- Specimens -- 1784.Kirgate, Thomas, 1734-1810 -- Printer.Singleton, Charles -- Bookplate. (copy 1)Strawberry Hill (Twickenham, London, England)Strawberry-Hill (Twickenham, London, England) -- Imprints -- Specimens -- 1784.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.