Tracts on vaults and bridges : containing observations on the various forms of vaults : on the taking down and rebuilding London Bridge : and on the principles of arches ... : with reference to the properties of the catenary, applied to the Menai Bridge : and a theoretical investigation of the catenary.
- London : Printed for Thomas and William Boone ... Sold by Longman, Hurst, Rees, Orme, and Brown ... and Josiah Taylor ..., 1822.
- Physical Description:
- xx, , 73, , 71, , 177 p.,  leaves of plates (some folded) : ill. ; 26 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsTG160 W37 1822Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Preface signed: Samuel Ware.
Errata: p.  of preliminaries.
Includes bibliographical references.
Illustrations by Sidney Hall and William Alexander.
- Subject Terms:
- Arches.Boone, Thomas and William -- Publisher.Bridges -- Design and construction.Catenary.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1822.London Bridge (London, England)Suspension bridges.Vaults (Architecture)
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.