Warre, Henry James, Sir, 1819-1898, Sketches in the Crimea , 
- Sketches in the Crimea / by Lieut. Coll. H.J. Warre.
- London : Dickinson Bros., 
- Physical Description:
-  leaves of plates : all ill. ; 19 x 28 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDK215 .W37 1856+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Lithography Dickinson Brothers, after Henry James Warre. Printed by M. & N. Hanhart
Date of publication from NSTC.
Title page is lithographed; printed in two tints.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in original blue publisher's bindind. Title in gilt on front cover. Date of publication, 1856, penciled in on title page.
- General view of the Allied Camps -- A watering place in the middle ravine -- Coast near Balaklava -- The Crow's Nest, Balaklava -- Near Baidar Valley -- Valley of Inkermann -- Balaklava Heights -- Baidar Valley -- The ruins of Sebastopol -- From Canrobert's look out -- Sebastopol from the sea -- Sebastopol from the redoubt left of English trenches -- Monastery of St. George -- Entrance to Balaklava -- From below Limekiln Hill -- Interior of Col. Warre's hut.
- Subject Terms:
- Crimea (Ukraine) -- Pictorial works.Crimean War, 1853-1856 -- Art and the war.Dickinson Bros. -- Publisher.Soldiers in art.War in art.
- Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 1856.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.