Babes in the wood, 1849
- Babes in the wood.
- Alternate Title(s):
- Children in the wood (Ballad)
- London : Joseph Cundall, 1849.
- Physical Description:
-  leaves : ill. ; 33 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR2199 C5 1849+ Copy 1 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR2199 C5 1849+ Copy 2 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- In verse.
Mclean, Ruari. Victorian book design p. 146
BAC: British Art Center has two copies, cased together. Copy 1 is chromolithographed throughout with illustrations by John Brandard, after Louisa Ann Waterford. Copy 2 has lithographed text with watercolors by Waterford on vellum. Includes inscription by M.E. Herbert: "Given to me by Lady Waterford at Ford."
Text printed by M. & N. Hanhart, London.
- Subject Terms:
- Children's stories.Cundall, Joseph, 1818-1895 -- Publisher.Hanhart, M. & N -- Printer. (copy 1)Herbert, M.E. -- Autograph -- Inscription: given to me by Lady Waterford at Ford. (copy 2)Orphans -- Juvenile literature.
- Juvenile literature -- 1849.
Chromolithographs -- 1849.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.