Wathen, James, A series of views illustrative of the island of St. Helena , September 1821
A series of views illustrative of the island of St. Helena / by James Wathen Esqr.
- London : Published for the proprietor, by T. Clay, Ludgate Hill, Robt. Jennings, Poultry & Ino. Major, Skinner Street, September 1821.
- Physical Description:
- 7,  p., 10 [i.e. 11] leaves of plates : ill., port. ; 30 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDT671.S2 W38 1821+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Aquatints by J. Clark after James Wathen. Frontispiece portrait of the author engraved by T. Bragg after A.J. Oliver.
Title page is engraved, with aquatint vignette.
Abbey, J.R. Travel in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 314
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Bound in half green morocco with marbled boards.
- Subject Terms:
- Clay, T. -- Publisher.Ellis, Edward S. -- Autograph.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1821.France -- Kings and rulers -- Homes and haunts -- Saint Helena.Jennings, Robt. -- Publisher.Major, Ino. -- Publisher.Napoleon I, Emperor of the French, 1769-1821 -- Homes and haunts -- Saint Helena.Saint Helena -- Description and travel -- Views.Saint Helena -- Description and travel.Wathen, James -- Portraits.
- Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1821.
- Mr. Wathen (Portrait)
- Island of St. Helena
- Sugar-loaf Hill, St Helena
- Ladder Hill, St Helena
- Fort on High knoll, St Helena
- View from High knoll, St Helena
- Longwood House, St Helena
- Plantation House, St Helena
- Rocks, called Lot and his Daughters, St Helena
- Barracks on Ladder Hill, St Helena.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.