Watts, William, 1752-1851, The seats of the nobility and gentry in England and Scotland , [between 1821 and 1830]
- The seats of the nobility and gentry in England and Scotland : being a collection of the most interesting and picturesque views / engraved by W. Watts, from drawings by the most eminent artists, with descriptions of each view.
- London : Printed by Howlett and Brimmer, Columbian Press, 10, Frith Street, Soho, [between 1821 and 1830]
- Physical Description:
-  p., LXXXIV leaves of plates : ill. ; 29 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA660 .W38 1821+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Originally published by Watts, in parts, from 1779 to 1786. Cf. British Architectural Library. Early printed books, 3593.
Howlett and Brimmer were working at this address from 1821-1830. Cf. Brown. London publishers and printers.
Engravings by William Watts; after Charles George Perceval, George Barret, William Beilby, William Brooks, Adam Callander, John (?) Carter, Thomas Chubbard, David Dalby, Anthony Thomas Devis, William Donn, J. Feary, John Alexander Gresse, Thomas Hearne, William Hodges, James Luttrell, Thomas Malton, C.M. Metz, John Claude Nattes, Frederick Ponsonby, John Dawson Earl of Portarlington, Humphry Repton, John Inigo Richards, George Robertson, Michael Angelo Rooker, Paul Sandby, Thomas Sandby, Samuel Stringer, Charles Steuart, William Tomkins, and Richard Wilson.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in gilt-tooled red morocco with gilt edges.
- Subject Terms:
- Architecture -- Great Britain -- Early works to 1800.Architecture, Domestic -- Early works to 1800.Aristocracy (Political science) -- Great Britain -- Homes and haunts -- Early works to 1800.Aristocracy (Social class) -- Great Britain -- Homes and haunts -- Early works to 1800.Country homes -- Great Britain -- Early works to 1800.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1821-1830.Great Britain -- Historic buildings -- Pictorial works -- Early works to 1800.Historic buildings -- Great Britain -- Early works to 1800.Howlett and Brimmer -- Publisher.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.