The series of dramatic entertainments performed by royal command : before Her Majesty the Queen, His Royal Highness Prince Albert, the royal family, and the court, at Windsor Castle. 1848-9 : comprising Merchant of Venice. (Shakspere.) Used up. (Dion Bourcicault. [sic]) The stranger. (Thompson.) The housekeeper. (D. Jerrold.) Hamlet. (Shakspere.) Box and Cox. (J. M. Morton.) Twice killed. (John Oxenford.) Sweethearts & wives. (J. Kenny.) : printed verbatim from the authorised versions ... / edited by Benjamin Webster ...
- Additional Title(s):
Royal dramatic performances at Windsor Castle.
- [London] : Mr. Mitchell; Mr. McLean's; and at the National Acting Drama Office; printed by W.S. Johnson, .
- Physical Description:
- 3, 372 p. : ill. ; 26 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR1243.W43 S46 1849Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Cover title: Royal dramatic performances at Windsor Castle.
Half title, printed in color, within decorative colored border, with cartouche.
Each play preceded by half title within decorative colored border, with guard sheet.
Each presentation preceded by facsimile of the bill of performance, printed on lace paper, and a corrected list of the royal personages and the nobility and gentry present.
Abbey, J.R. Life in England in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 419
BAC: This copy is the Abbey copy.
- Subject Terms:
- Johnson, W.S. -- Printer.Mclean, Mr. -- Publisher.Mitchell, Mr. -- Publisher.
- Chromolithographs -- .
YCBA Collections Search
Webster, Benjamin, 1797-1882, The series of dramatic entertainments performed by royal command , 
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.