Vandyck, Charlotte Anne Mackenzie, 1818-1845, Twelve etchings , [ca. 1847?]
Twelve etchings / by Mrs. Henry Wellesley ; from original drawings by Claude.
- [Penkridge, England?] : [s.l.], [ca. 1847?]
- Physical Description:
-  prints : etching ; in volume 44 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2009 61Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Little is known about Charlotte Anne Mackenzie Vandyck. In 1835, she married the Reverend Henry Wellesley (1794-1866), a college head at Oxford and connoisseur of old master prints and drawings. See DNB.
A series of 12 etchings (some with aquatint) by Charlotte Anne Mackenzie Vandyck (Mrs. Henry Wellesley), after Claude Lorrain.
Engraved throughout. The title page is in manuscript, and bears an engraved vignette.
BM (compact ed.), v.10 388
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in contemporary embossed blue cloth. Inscribed: A remembrance of poor dear Chat.'s affection for her kind sister-in-law. Teddesley, Whitsunday, 1847. HW."
- Subject Terms:
- Wellesley, Henry, 1794-1866 -- Inscription.
- Aquatints -- 1847.
Etchings -- 1847.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.