Westall, Richard, 1765-1836, Victories of the Duke of Wellington , 1819
Victories of the Duke of Wellington / from drawings by R. Westall, R.A.
- London : Printed for Rodwell and Martin, New Bond Street, 1819.
- Physical Description:
- iv, 47,  p.,  leaves of plates : col. ill. ; 30 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2009 62 Copy 1Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2009 62 Copy 2Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- "The engravings ... are accompanied by a short account of the actions which they represent, compiled and copied from the most authentic information"--Preface.
Aquatint engravings by T.H. Fielding and Charles Heath; after Richard Westall.
Printed by Thomas Davison.
With an engraved vignette on the title page.
Tooley, R.V. English books with coloured plates, 1790-1860, 502
Abbey, J.R. Life in England in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 381
BAC: British Art Center has two copies. Copy 1 is the Abbey copy. Bound in contemporary quarter red roan and marbled boards, with publisher's printed title label on front cover. Copy 2 is a large paper copy (Abbey variant issue no. 3, 51 cm); plates mounted as drawings on buff card, without titles, signatures or imprints. With the (very large) armorial bookplate of William Stirling Maxwell.
- Subject Terms:
- Davison, Thomas -- Printer.Great Britain -- Politics and government -- 1789-1820.Peninsular War, 1807-1814 -- Great Britain.Rodwell and Martin -- Publisher.Stirling Maxwell, William, 1818-1878 -- Bookplate.Waterloo, Battle of, Waterloo, Belgium, 1815.Wellington, Arthur Wellesley, Duke of, 1769-1852 -- Military leadership.
- Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1815
- St. Sebastians
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.