Westall, William, 1781-1850, Views of Australian scenery , [Feb. 12, 1814]
Views of Australian scenery / painted by W. Westall ; and engraved by Byrne.
- [London] : [Pubd. by G. & W. Nicol, Pall-Mall], [Feb. 12, 1814]
- Physical Description:
-  leaves of plates : illustrations ; 22 x 32 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDU99 .W47 1814+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Cover title, on publisher's printed label.
Publisher name and date from plates.
Engraved by John Byrne, John Pye, W. Woolnoth, J. Scott, John Pye & W. Finden, and Samuel Middiman; after William Westall.
Abbey, J.R. Travel, 567
BAC: British Art Center is the Abbey copy. Bound in publisher's original red paper wrappers, embossed with diagonal ribs and floral design; green cloth spine. With publisher's black paper label on front with title lettered in gilt within gilt border.
- Subject Terms:
- Aboriginal Australians -- Pictorial works.Australia -- Pictorial works.Indigenous peoples -- Australia -- Pictorial works.Landscapes -- Australia -- Pictorial works.
- Engravings -- Hand-colored -- 1814.
- Views on the north side of Kangaroo Island
- View of Mala Road, from Pobassoo's Island
- View of Wreck-Reef Bank, taken at low water
- View of Murray's Islands, with the natives offering to barter
- View from the south side of King George's Sound
- View of Port Jackson, taken from the South Head
- View of Port Bowen, from the hills behind the Watering Gully
- View in Sir Edward Pellew's Group-Gulph of Carpentaria
- Entrance of Port Lincoln, taken from behind Memory Cove.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.