Views of the caves near Ingleton, Gordal Scar, and Malham Cove, in Yorkshire / drawn and engraved by William Westall, A.R.A. F.L.S.
- Additional Title(s):
Twelve views of the caves in Yorkshire
- London : Published by John Murray, Albemarle Street, 1818.
- Physical Description:
- 8 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 36 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA670.Y6 W47 1818+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Includes illustrations of Dovecote Gill Cave, Yordas Cave, Weathercote Cave, Gatekirk Cave, Malham Cove, and Gordale Scar.
Printed by W. Wilson, 4, Greville-Street, Hatton-Garden, London.
Some plates appear, in uncolored state, in Views of Weathercote Cave, by W. Westall. London: J. Murray, 1818.
Abbey, J.R. Scenery of Great Britain and Ireland in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 369
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Bound in original buff printed paper wrappers. Lettered within decorative border: Proof Impressions. Price 1£. 11s. 6d. Twelve views of the caves in Yorkshire by W. Westall, A.R.A. F.L.S. Each plate accompanied by tissue guard.
- Subject Terms:
- Caves -- England -- Yorkshire -- Pictorial works.Ingleton (England) -- Pictorial works.Murray, John -- Publisher.Wilson, W. -- Printer.Yorkshire (England) -- Description and travel.Yorkshire (England) -- Pictorial works.
- Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1818.
YCBA Collections Search
Westall, William, 1781-1850, Views of the caves near Ingleton, Gordal Scar, and Malham Cove, in Yorkshire , 1818
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.