Westall, William, 1781-1850, Views of the lake and vale of Keswick , 1820
Views of the lake and vale of Keswick / drawn and engraved by William Westall, A.R.A.
- Additional Title(s):
Twelve views of the lake and of the Vale of Keswick
- London : Published by Rodwell and Martin, New Bond Street, 1820.
- Physical Description:
- 8 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 37 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA670.L1 W47 1820+ Copy 1 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA670.L1 W47 1820+ Copy 2 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Text by Robert Southey. Cf. Bicknell.
Printed by W. Wilson, Printer, 4, Greville-Street, Hatton-Garden, London.
Hardie, M. English coloured books, p. 145
Prideaux, S.T. Aquatint engraving, p. 356
Bicknell, P. Picturesque scenery of the Lake District, 1752-1855, 92
Abbey, J.R. Scenery of Great Britain and Ireland in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 191
BAC: British Art Center has two copies. Copy 1 is the Abbey copy bound in original brown paper boards: white label on front cover: Twelve views of the lake and of the Vale of Keswick. Drawn and engraved by W. Westall, A.R.A. Coloured plates Price £3 : 3s. Bds. Colored aquatints. Copy 2 bound in maroon limp boards. Title in gilt on front cover: The Lakes. Uncolored aquatints.
- Subject Terms:
- Keswick (Cumbria, England) -- Pictorial works.Lake District (England) -- Pictorial works.Rodwell and Martin -- PublisherWilson, W. -- Printer
- Aquatints -- 1820
Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1820
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.