Westall, William, 1781-1850, Views of Weathercote Cave , 
- Views of Weathercote Cave / by W. Westall, A.R.A.
- [London] : Published July 12, 1818 by John Murray, Albermarle Street, London, 
- Physical Description:
-  leaves of plates : all ill. ; 29 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA670.Y6 W478 1818+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Aquatint engravings drawn and etched by William Westall.
Plates appear in: Views of the caves near Ingleton, Gordal Scar, and Malham Cove, in Yorkshire, by William Westall. London: J. Murray, 1818 (Abbey, J.R. Scenery 369).
BAC: British Art Center copy in original wrappers, with printed title label.
- The trees above Weathercote Cave, Ingleborough in the distance -- Weathercote Cave, looking from the waterfall -- Weathercote Cave, from the south side -- Waterfall in Weathercote Cave -- Gatekirk Cave, looking from the north entrance.
- Subject Terms:
- Caves -- Yorkshire -- England -- Pictorial works.Landscapes -- England -- Yorkshire -- Pictorial works.Murray, John -- Publisher.Yorkshire (England) -- Pictorial works.
- Aquatints -- 1818.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.