Whitaker, Thomas Dunham, 1759-1821, An account of the parish of Cartmell , 1818
An account of the parish of Cartmell / by the Rev. Thomas Dunham Whitaker, LL.D. F.S.A. Vicar of Whalley.
- London ; Printed by and for Nichols, Son, and Bentley, Red Lion Passage, Fleet-Street; and Thomas Edwards, Bookseller, Halifax, 1818.
[Halifax] : Printed by and for Nichols, Son, and Bentley, Red Lion Passage, Fleet-Street; and Thomas Edwards, Bookseller, Halifax, 1818.
- Physical Description:
- , 10 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 31 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA690.C35 W45 1818+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Publisher's printed title label: An account of the parish of Cartmell, by the Rev. Dr. Whitaker, LL.D. F.S.A. Price 10s. 6d. Being an appendix to the first and second ed. of the parish of Whalley.
"A separate issue of the sheets used for [Whitaker's] History of Whalley."--Fischwick, The Lancashire library.
Engravings by T. Topham; after John Buckler and Thomas Taylor
Abbey, J.R. Scenery, 89
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Bound in contemporary white paper wrappers, with publisher's printed title label.
- Subject Terms:
- Cartmel (England) -- History.Edwards, Thomas -- Publisher.Engraving, Colored -- Specimens -- 1818.Nichols, Bon, and Bentley -- Publisher.Whalley (England) -- History.
- North east view of Cartmel Church
- The choir of Cartmel Church
- Monument of the Harrington Family in Cartmel church from the south aisle
- Interior of Whalley Church
- Chamber in Samlesbury Hall
- Bow window in Little Mearley Hall.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.