Views in India : chiefly among the Himalaya Mountains / taken during tours in the direction of Mussooree, Simla, the sources of the Jumna and Ganges, &c. &c., in 1829-31-32 ; with notes and descriptive illustrations.
- Additional Title(s):
Views in the Himalaya mountans &c.
- London ; Fisher, Son, and Co., 1836-1837.
Paris : Fisher, Son, and Co., 1836-1837.
- Physical Description:
- 2 v. : ill. ; 38 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDS408 .W45 1836+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Cover title, stamped in gilt: Views in the Himalaya mountans &c. By G.F. White, Esq. 31st Regt.
Publisher's advertisements:  p. at end of each volume.
List of subscribers:  p. at end of each volume.
Steel engravings by Henry Adlard, James Baylis Allen, J. Appleton, D. Buckle, William John Cooke, John Cousen, Edward Francis Finden, W. Finden, William Floyd, Edward Goodall, Thomas Higham, H. Jorden, J.H. Kernot, Samuel Lacey, George Presbury, James C. Redaway, J. Sands, M.J. Starling, William Taylor, and James Tingle; after Thomas Allom, Charles Bentley, T.C. Dibden, William Harvey, Harden Sidney Melville, William Purser, David Roberts, Clarkson Stanfield, and J.M.W. Turner.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in quarter maroon roan with floral-embossed brown publisher's binding.
- Subject Terms:
- Chron -- 1836-37.Fisher, Son, and Co. -- Publisher.Himalaya Mountains -- Pictorial works.India -- Description and travel.India -- Pictorial works.Mountains -- India -- Pictorial works.Steel engraving -- Specimens -- 1836-37.
- Subscriber's lists.
- IIIF Manifest:
- Runjeet Singh's encampment at Roopur
- Entrance to the Keree Pass
- The Ganges entering the plains, near Hurdwar
- Part of the Ghaut, during the fair, at Hurdwar
- Mussooree, from Landour
- Snowy range, from Landour
- The abbey and hills, from near Mussooree
- Snowy range, from Tyne, or Marma
- Village of Mohuna, near Deobun
- View near Jubberah
- Village of Naree
- Bridge at Bhurkote
- View near Kursalee
- Village of Kursalee
- Crossing by a Sangha
- View near the source of the Jumna
- Source of the River Jumna
- Falls near the source of the Jumna
- Gungootree, the sacred source of the Ganges
- View near Deobun
- Crossing the River Tonse by a Jhoola
- Village of Khandoo
- Crossing the Choor Mountain
- Village of Koghera
- View at Simla
- The city of Nahun
- Valley of the Dhoon
- Suwarree of Seiks, and view near the Sutleje River
- Janghera, or the Fakeers' Rock, on the Ganges
- Rocks at Colgong.