Lewis, Samuel, -1865, A topographical dictionary of Wales , 1840
- A topographical dictionary of Wales : comprising the several counties, cities, boroughs, corporate and market towns, parishes, chapelries, and townships : with historical and statistical descriptions : embellished with engravings of the arms of the cities, bishopricks, corporate towns, and boroughs : and of the seals of the several municipal corporations : with an appendix, describing the electoral boundaries of the several boroughs, as defined by the late act ; also illustrated by maps of the different counties, and a map of north and south wales / by Samuel Lewis.
- Second edition.
- London : S. Lewis & Co., 1840.
- Physical Description:
- 2 v. : ill. ; 30 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA734 L48 1840+ OversizeAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Maps for Wales issued together with those for England in separate volume having binder's title: Lewis's topographical dictionary of England and Wales: atlas.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in blind- stamped green publiser's cloth.
Printed by Gilbert & Rivington, Printers, St. John's Sauare.
- Subject Terms:
- Gilbert & Rivington -- Printer.Lewis, Samuel, -1865 -- Publisher.Wales -- Description and travel.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.