Williams, Hugh William, 1773-1829, Select views in Greece , MDCCCXXIX 
- Select views in Greece : with classical illustrations / by H.W. Williams, Esq. F.R.S.E.
- London; Longman, Rees, Orme, Brown, and Green : MDCCCXXIX 
[Edinburgh] : Longman, Rees, Orme, Brown, and Green : MDCCCXXIX 
- Physical Description:
- 2 v. : ill. ; 29 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDF219 .W55 1829+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- "Mr Williams has likewise to acknowledge his obligations to Mr John Patterson of Edinburgh, for his judicious selection of Greek and Latin quotations, and for the elegant translations with which he has accompanied them."--P. 
Engravings by William Miller, James Horsburgh, James Stewart, W.H. Lizars, Frederick Rudolph Hay, and William Forrest; after Hugh William Williams and C.R. Cockerell.
Each plate accompanied by page of descriptive letterpress.
BAC: British Art Center copy is 2 v. in 1. Bound in blind- and gilt-stamped smooth dark green calf, with marbled endpapers.
- Subject Terms:
- Architecture -- Greece.Black, Adam -- Publisher.Edinburgh -- Imprints -- Specimens -- 1829.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1829.Greece -- Description and travel.Longman, Rees, Orme, Brown, and Green -- Publisher.Steel engraving -- Specimens -- 1829.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.