IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Willis, John, active 1828-1852, Five lithographic views delineating the beauties in the neighbourhood of Chepstow, [1830?]
Five lithographic views delineating the beauties in the neighbourhood of Chepstow.
- Bristol : George Davey, [1830?]
- Physical Description:
-  leaves of plates : all ill. ; 39 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA690.C49 W55 1830+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- Cover title.
Lithography by and after John Willis. Plates printed by Day & Haghe.
Date of publication from Abbey.
"Prints, 5s.--Proofs, 7s. 6d."--Cover title.
Abbey, J.R. Scenery of Great Britain and Ireland in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 531
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Hand-colored. Bound in original printed buff wrappers.
- Subject Terms:
- Chepstow (Wales) -- Pictorial works.Chepstow Castle (Chepstow, Wales) -- Pictorial works.Davey, George -- Publisher.Day & Haghe -- Printer.Raglan Castle (Raglan, Wales) -- Pictorial works.Tintern Abbey -- Pictorial works.
- Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 1830.
- Chepstow Castle, Monmouthshire
- Interior of Tintern Abbey, Monmouthshire. East Window
- Tintern Abbey, Monmouthshre. West Front
- Interior of Tintern Abbey, Monmouthshire. West Window
- Ragland Castle, Monmouthshire.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.