A practical treatise on composition, light and shade, and colour / by Harry Willson ; author of Fugitive sketches in Rome, Venice, &c.
- Additional Title(s):
Willson on composition, light and shade &c.
- New edition
- London : David Bogue, Fleet Street, MDCCCLI .
- Physical Description:
- 81 p., , [xi] leaves of plates : ill. ; 28 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNC740 .W55 1851+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Printed by William Wilcockson, Rolls Building, Fetter Lane.
Spine title: Willson on composition, light and shade &c.
With a preliminary half-title leaf.
With 8 unnumbered pages of advertisements at end.
Abbey, J. R. Life, 193
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Bound in plum publisher's binding.
- Subject Terms:
- Bogue, David -- Publisher.Color.Composition (Art)Drawing -- Technique.Drawing books -- Specimens.Painting -- Technique.Shades and shadows.Wilcockson, William -- Printer.
- Lithographs -- 1851.
Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 1851.
YCBA Collections Search
Willson, Harry, 19th cent, A practical treatise on composition, light and shade, and colour , MDCCCLI 
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.