Wilson, Harriette, 1786-1846, Paris lions and London tigers , 1825
- Paris lions and London tigers / by Harriette Wilson ; illustrated with twelve colored plates.
- London : Printed and published by J.J. Stockdale, 24, Opera Colonnade, 1825.
- Physical Description:
- 231,  p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 16 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR5834.W84 P37 1825Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Social satire of the English in Paris.
Aquatint illustrations drawn and engraved by J. Findlay.
Publisher's advertisements:  p. at end.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in gilt-stamped maroon morocco, with gilt edges and marbled endpapers, by Riviere & Son.
- Subject Terms:
- Caricature -- Great Britain.Great Britain -- Social life and customs -- 19th century.Satire, English.Stockdale, J. J. -- Publisher.
- Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1825.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.