[Views of Windsor Castle].
- [Windsor ; Published by J.B. Brown, Windsor & J. Dickinson, 114, New Bond Street, 1827-1831]
London : Published by J.B. Brown, Windsor & J. Dickinson, 114, New Bond Street, 1827-1831]
- Physical Description:
-  leaves of plates : all ill. ; 36 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA690.W76 V54 1827+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Plates are proof copies of those present in Six views of Windsor Castle,  (Abbey Scenery 356) and Six views of Windsor Castle,  (Abbey Scenery 357). Plates are dated 1827-1831.
Title devised by cataloger. YCBA copy has binder's title: Views of Windsor Castle.
The first six lithographs are by William Westall; after S. Scarthwaite. Printed by C. Hullmandel.
The final six lithographs are drawn from nature and on stone by William Gauci. Printed by Engelmann, Graf, Condet & Co.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in half-calf and marbled boards. Armorial bookplate: Henrici Walker Williams.
- Subject Terms:
- Brown, J.B. -- Publisher.Castles -- England -- Windsor.Dickinson, J. -- Publisher.Engelmann, Graf, Condet & Co. -- Printer.Hullmandel, C. -- Printer.Lithography -- Specimens -- 1827-1831.Williams, Henry Walker -- Bookplate.Windsor (Berkshire, England) -- Pictorial works.Windsor Castle -- Pictorial works.
- Windsor Castle, from the north east
- Windsor Castle, garden & new terrace
- Windsor Castle, St. George's Gate
- Windsor Castle, York & Lancaster Towers
- Windsor Castle, the Quadrangle
- Windsor Castle, the Round Tower
- Windsor Castle, from the fields adjoining the Eton play grounds
- George the Fourth's Gate, Windsor Castle
- State apartments, Windsor Castle, from the Little Park
- Eton, from the Datchet Road
- The New Gateway, from the interior of the Square
- The New Square, Windsor Castle, north east angle.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.