Footsteps to drawing, according to the rules of perspective : explained in familiar dialogues, for the use of children and young persons, and illustrated by a series of progressive lessons in twenty plates of examples, calculated to combine a knowledge of perspective with the practice of drawing, and to lead the beginner imperceptibly to an acquaintance with the principal rules of that useful art. / by John George Wood, F.S.A., lecturer on perspective, &c.
- London : Printed for, and sold by the author, No. 7, Beaumont Street, Mary-Le-Bone; Longman and Co. Paternoster Row; Wood, 428, Strand; Carpenter and Son, Old Bond Street; and by J. Booth, Duke Street, Portland Place, 1816.
- Physical Description:
- , 12 p., 20 leaves of plates : ill. ; 24 x 30 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNC750 .W67 1816+ Copy 1 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.Rare Books and ManuscriptsNC750 .W66 1816+ Copy 2 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Printed by B.R. Howlett, 10, Frith St., Soho.
BAC: British Art Center has two copies. Copy 1 in blue paper wrappers. Label on front cover, in ms.: Familiar rules for perspective drawing by John George Wood. Copy 2 in brown printed paper wrappers. Price One Guinea at bottom of upper wrapper. Inscribed: Eliza Mary Upton, Sept. 30th, 1820.
- Subject Terms:
- Booth, J. -- Publisher.Carpenter and Son -- Publisher.Drawing -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.Drawing -- Technique.Howlett, B. R. -- Printer.Longman and Co. -- Publisher.Perspective.Upton, Eliza Mary -- Autograph. (BACRB Copy 2)Wood -- Publisher.Wood, John George, 1768-1838 -- Publisher.
- Drawing books.
Soft-ground etchings -- 1816.
YCBA Collections Search
Wood, John George, 1768-1838, Footsteps to drawing, according to the rules of perspective , 1816
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.