Wood, John George, 1768-1838, Principles and practice of sketching landscape scenery from nature , 1820
- Principles and practice of sketching landscape scenery from nature : systematically arranged, and illustrated by numerous examples, from simple to easy subjects, to the more complicated and difficult combinations of objects : in four parts / by John George Wood.
- Third edition.
- London : Printed for the author, No. 7, Beaumont Street, Mary-Le-Bone, by E. Howlett and J. Brimmer, 1820.
- Physical Description:
- iv, 18, 16, 8, 14,  p., 16, 16, 16, 16 leaves of plates : ill. ; 36 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNC790 .W66 1820+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Plates in parts I and II dated 1814, parts III and IV, dated 1815
Abbey, J.R. Life, 194
Bridson, G. Plant, animal & anatomical illustrations, p. 70
BM (compact ed.), v. 27, p. 456
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Bound in later half leather and marbled boards. Binder's ticket: W. Bennett, Plymouth
- Subject Terms:
- Bennett, W. -- Binder.Brimmer, J. -- Printer.Drawing -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.Drawing -- Technique.Howlett, E. -- Printer.Landscape drawing -- Technique.
- Drawing books.
Lihography -- 1820.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.