The caricature magazine, or, Hudibrastic mirror / by G.M. Woodward, Esqr., author of Eccentric excursions.
- Additional Title(s):
Vol. 5 has title: Rowlandson's Caricature magazine
- [London] : Published by Thomas Tegg, no. 111, Cheapside, [1807-1821]
- Physical Description:
- 5 volumes : all color illustrations ; 28 x 43 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2018 43Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Consists entirely of hand-colored etched satirical prints by Woodward, the Cruikshanks, Rowlandson, and others.
Cohn, A.M. George Cruikshank, 110
Rosenbach, A.S.W. Cat. Cruikshank Widener, p. 4-14
Fairman, Elisabeth R. Pleasures and pastimes, 321
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in three volumes. Comprises 451 plates, including the frontispieces and title pages to volumes 1-3. A full inventory of contents is available upon request. Bound in gilt-tooled navy morocco. Bookplate: Marquess of Ailsa (probably Sir Archibald Kennedy III, 1st Marquess of Ailsa KT, FRS, 1770-1846).
- Subject Terms:
- Ailsa, Archibald Kennedy, Marquess of, 1770-1846 -- Bookplate.Caricatures and cartoons -- Great Britain -- Periodicals.English wit and humor, Pictorial -- Periodicals.Great Britain -- Politics and government -- 1789-1820 -- Periodicals.Great Britain -- Social life and customs -- 19th century -- Caricatures and cartoons.
- Etchings -- England -- 19th century.
Caricatures -- England -- 19th century.
Prints -- Great Britain -- 19th century.
- IIIF Manifest: