Sansom, Francis, active 1784-1799, Pigmy revels, or, All alive at Lilliput, 1800-1801
Pigmy revels, or, All alive at Lilliput [graphic] / Woodward delin.
- Additional Title(s):
All alive at Lilliput
- London : S.W. Fores, No. 50, Piccadilly corner of Sackville St., 1800-1801.
- Physical Description:
- 8 prints : hand-colored etchings ; sheets 45 x 33 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2013 33Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Title from print no. 1.
Plates 1 and 2 dated Nov. 9th, 1800; plate 3, Decr. 1, 1800; plate 4, Dec. 7, 1800; plate 5, Dec. 15th; plate 6, Jan. 1, 1801; plate 7, Jany. 19th; plate 8, Feb. 6, 1801.
Each sheet comprises 3 strip views, between brown wash borders.
Etchings by Francis Samson and Thomas Rowlandson; after G.M Woodward.
Catalogue of prints and drawings in the British Museum, v. 7, no. 9635-no. 9642
Abbey, J.R. Life in England in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 462
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy.
- Subject Terms:
- Caricatures and cartoons -- Great Britain -- Pictorial works.English wit and humor, Pictorial.Great Britain -- Politics and government -- 19th century -- Caricatures and cartoons.Great Britain -- Social life and customs -- 19th century -- Caricatures and cartoons.Political satire -- Great Britain.Political satire, English -- Pictorial works.Satire, English.
- Etchings -- Hand-colored -- 1800-1801.
Satires (Visual works) -- England -- 1800-1801.
- IIIF Manifest:
- Hollo Sawney-Let me have it
- Dang it-No trifling Sir
- Alas poor Wheel barrow-Illusive shade
- Well to be sure-O that will never do
- Of all men else-General, the enemy
- I hope your Worship-What! the three Boxes
- It is astonishing-Now I have acted.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.