The decorative painters' and glaziers' guide : containing the most approved methods of imitating oak, mahogney, maple, rose, cedar, coral, and every other kind of fancy wood ... : also a complete body of information on the art of staining and painting on glass ... / by Nathaniel Whittock.
- London : G. Virtue, 1827.
- Physical Description:
- iv, 322 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 27 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNK2175 W4 1827BYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Another issue was published in 1827 by Isaac Taylor Hinton.
- Subject Terms:
- Decoration and ornament.Glass painting and staining.Graining.Painting, Industrial -- Great Britain.Virtue, George -- Publisher.
- Lithographs -- 1827.
Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 1827.
YCBA Collections Search
Whittock, N. (Nathaniel), 1791-1860, The decorative painters' and glaziers' guide , 1827
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.