Sketches round Bath / by an amateur.
- [Bath : Published by Holloway & Son, Bath, not before 1835]
- Physical Description:
-  leaves of plates : ill. ; 28 x 33 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA690.B8 W75 1835+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Tinted lithographed illustrations of buildings and places around Bath, with excerpts of verse on facing pages.
"Twenty lithographed drawings from original sketches, dedicated by permission to the most noble the Marquis of Thomond, G.C.H., by his obliged servant, Anne B. Wright. Published by Hollway & Son, Bath."--Dedication.
Some of the verse is by Eliza Cook, whose first published work appeared in 1835.
Henry Kirk White (several) -- Eliza Cook (first published 1835) (sev) -- Katherine Augusta Ware -- James Thomson -- Bernard Barton --
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in blind-stamped pink publisher's cloth. Title stamped in gilt on cover.
- Subject Terms:
- Bath (England) -- Description and travel.Bath (England) -- Pictorial works.English poetry -- 19th century.Holloway & Son -- Publisher.Lithography -- Specimens -- 1835.
- Claverton Church
- Combe Hay
- Ditcheridge Church
- Freshford Church
- Farleigh Castle
- Farleigh Gateway
- Monkton Farleigh
- Hampton Church
- Hampton Rocks
- Midford Castle
- Newton Church
- Newton Bridge
- Pope's Walk
- Stanton Drewe
- Wick Bridge
- Wick Rocks (2)
- Wraxall Manor
- The yew trees.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.