Pò, Teresa del, d. 1716, Arcus Trajano dedicatus Beneventi porta aurea dictus, sculpturis et mole omnium facile princeps, MDCCXXXIX 
- Arcus Trajano dedicatus Beneventi porta aurea dictus, sculpturis et mole omnium facile princeps.
- Romae : Expensis Francisci de Ficoronis, MDCCXXXIX 
- Physical Description:
- 1 album (10 prints) : copper engravings ; 40 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2010 29Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Suite of engravings of the second century Roman imperial triumphal arch, "Portus Aurea," constructed in Benevento, Italy, just outside Naples. Engraved by Teresa del P̀o sometime during the late 17th century. Originally sold as individual prints, the plates were purchased in 1739 and issued as a book by the Roman antiquarian Ficoronis. In addition to the 9 engravings by Po, a printed title leaf and a front elevation of the arch by Francesco Mazzoni were added.
BAC: British Art Center copy lacks title leaf. Bound in contemporary vellum. Inscribed: Given to Matw. Wyatt by Jas. Wyatt.
- Subject Terms:
- Arch of Trajan (Benevento, Italy) -- Pictorial works -- Early works to 1800.Benevento (Italy) -- Antiquities, Roman -- Pictorial works -- Early works to 1800.Benevento (Italy) -- Buildings, structures, etc. -- Pictorial works -- Early works to 1800.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1739.Italy -- Antiquities, Roman -- Pictorial works -- Early works to 1800.Wyatt, James, 1746-1813 -- Pres. insc. to Matthew Cotes Wyatt.Wyatt, Matthew Cotes, 1777-1862 -- Pres. insc. from James Wyatt.
- Copper engravings -- Italy -- 18th century.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.