Wyatville, Jeffry, Sir, 1776-1840, Illustrations of Windsor Castle , MDCCCXLI 
- Illustrations of Windsor Castle / by the late Sir Jeffry Wyatville, R.A. ; edited by Henry Ashton, architect.
- London : Published for the son in law and executors of Sir Jeffry Wyatville by John Weale, Architectural Library, 59, High Holborn, London, MDCCCXLI 
- Physical Description:
- 2 volumes : illustrations ; 69 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio B 2014 7 Copy 1Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio B 2014 7 Copy 2Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Steel engravings by W.F. Starling, J.H. Kernot. C.E. Maguire, Thomas Clark, Thomas Goodman, Robert William Billings, and John Le Keux; after Michael Gandy, Henry Shaw, T.T. Bury, Thomas Cole, Benjamin Baud, Frederick Mackenzie, and Henry Ashton.
"An essay on the history and antiquities of Windsor Castle" by Ambrose Poynter, volume 1, page 20.
The 32 steel engravings include four double-page folded plates and three triple-page folded plates.
Printed by William Nicol, Shakspeare Press, Pall Mall.
BAC: British Art Center copy 1 bound in contemporary black half morocco and purple boards.
BAC: British Art Center copy 2 bound in contemporary red gilt-tooled morocco in one volume. Armorial bookplate: Nec Cupias Nec Metuas.
- Subject Terms:
- Architecture, Domestic -- England -- Windsor.Castles -- England -- Windsor.Windsor (Berkshire, England) -- Pictorial works.Windsor Castle -- History.Windsor Castle -- Pictorial works.
- Steel engravings -- 1841.
Armorial bookplates (Provenance)
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.