IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Young, William Weston, 1776-1847, Illustrations of the Great Western & Bristol & Exeter Railways , [ca. 1835]
Illustrations of the Great Western & Bristol & Exeter Railways / prepared from actual survey by W. W. Young, engineer ; with letter press descriptions.
- [Bristol] : [Published by John Wright], [ca. 1835]
- Physical Description:
-  leaves of plates : all ill. ; 27 x 37 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2009 39Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- Title from publisher's original printed wrappers.
Date of publication from Abbey. Publisher and place of publication from plates.
Lithographs by Louis Haghe; after W.W. Young. Printed by Day & Haghe.
At head of cover title: "Part 1." No other parts were published.
Abbey, J.R. Life in England in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 412
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Plates uncolored; plates 1 and 2 marked "proof". Stitched, in publisher's original printed wrappers.
- Subject Terms:
- Bristol (England) -- Pictorial works.Bristol and Exeter Railway -- Pictorial works.Day & Haghe -- Printer.Great Western Railway (Great Britain) -- Pictorial works.Lithography -- Specimens -- 1835.Railroads -- Great Britain -- Pictorial works.Transportation -- Great Britain -- 19th century.Wright, J., -- Publisher.
- Entrance of the Great Western Railway into Bristol
- Bristol and Exeter Railway with train of carriages approaching Bristol
- Great Western Railway, Kelston Bridge near Bath.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.