Une collection choisie de paysages, ou, Un échantillon de chaqu'un des meilleurs anciens maîtres / gravés par L. Zentner, d'après les desseins faits par lui-même, dans plusieurs cabinets, pendant son séjour en Allemagne, France, Hollande, &c. = A select collection of landscapes, from the best old masters, one of each engraved by L. Zentner, after drawings made by him from original pictures, during his residence in Germany, France, Holland, &c. To which are added portraits of the artists, and short biographical accounts of each.
- Additional Title(s):
Collection choisie de paysages
Échantillon de chaqu'un des meilleurs anciens maîtres
Select collection of landscapes, from the best old masters
Landscapes from old masters
- [London] : Now first published by J. Thane, Rupert-Street, Haymarket, London, 1791.
- Physical Description:
-  leaves : ill. ; 26 x 34 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2009 80 Copy 1Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2009 80 Copy 2Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- French and English in parallel columns.
Plates dated 1789-97.
Originally issued in parts, with cover (on publisher's engraved label): Landscapes from old masters.
ESTC (RLIN), T146357
BAC: British Art Center has two copies. In copy 1, all engravings are printed on silk and mounted to leaves in the volume. Bound in citron goatskin, stamped in gold on both covers with the initials of William Lowther, 1st Earl of Lonsdale. Armorial bookplate: Hugh Cecil, Earl of Lonsdale. Copy 2 is in the publisher's original 8 parts, in paper wrappers, each part with publisher's engraved title label.
- Subject Terms:
- Engraving -- Specimens -- 1791.Landscape painters -- Portraits -- Early works to 1800.Landscape painting -- Early works to 1800.Lonsdale, Hugh Cecil Lowther, Earl of, 1857-1944 -- Bookplate.Lonsdale, William Lowther, Earl of, 1757-1844 -- Armorial binding.Painters -- Portraits -- Early works to 1800.Thane, J. -- Publisher.
- Armorial bindings (Provenance)
Armorial bindings (Binding)
Cloth printings (Printing)
YCBA Collections Search
Zentner, J. L. C., d. 1785, Une collection choisie de paysages, ou, Un échantillon de chaqu'un des meilleurs anciens maîtres , 1791
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.