IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Whittock, N. (Nathaniel), 1791-1860, The art of drawing and colouring from nature , [184-?]
The art of drawing and colouring from nature : birds, beasts, fishes, and insects / by Nathaniel Whittock.
- London : George Virtue, [184-?]
- Physical Description:
-  leaves, , 100 p. : ill. ; 28 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNC815 W533 1840z+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- Plates in uncolored and colored states.
Another edition was published earlier by Isaac Taylor Hinton in 1830.
- Subject Terms:
- Botanical illustration.Color -- Study and teaching.Drawing -- Study and teaching.Painting -- Technique.Virtue, George -- Publisher
- Lithographs -- [184-?].
Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- [184-?].
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.